Database Interop Hackathon/Pre-Meeting
The core developers of NeXML, CDAO, and PhyloWS will meet two weeks prior to the hackathon to better prepare the participating emerging standards for actual application at the hackathon.
Goals & Targets
- Choose a very narrow limited set of goals, and include time to
- evaluate carefully what we have done
- extrapolate and plan for the big meeting when we have 20 people to keep busy
- Need to discuss how to accommodate all the projects using php.
- Implement services that would allow Mesquite to query and retrieve character data and trees from TreeBase and from MorphBank.
- Agreeing on how to implement semantic annotation of metadata types of the providers.
- More fleshing out of PhyloWS specs.
Information to gather in advance:
- Implementation details of the providers: which languages/libraries they use, what metadata they want to expose.
Coming soon ...
The pre-meeting takes place Friday - Sunday, Feb 20-22, 2009 at NESCent in Durham, North Carolina.
|Enrico Pontelli||New Mexico State Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org||CDAO|
|Arlin Stoltzfus||NIST, U. Marylandemail@example.com||CDAO|
|Rutger Vos||University of British Columbiafirstname.lastname@example.org||NeXML, PhyloWS|