Java API Library to NeXML Subgroup
From Evolutionary Informatics Working Group
Based on Arlin's notes.
- hides details of references; plumbing that we don't want to put on to developers
- expands on a popular library, biojava or jebl
- decided to target phenex and TreeBASE II
- decided to choose jebl as technology foundation
Tuesday Standup Report
Based on Dave's notes.
- Gave up on BioJava and Jebl. They are too big. Using own standalone.
- How do we want to do the XML parsing?
- Use Java COM api or XML Beans
- Trying to avoid having users download too many Jars.
Vladimir suggested that the API should be the focus of the group this week, and that the underlying Jars were a detail that could be changed later.
Wednesday Standup Report
- Using test driven development. Trying to keep it simple because it's an API to just get it out.
- Expect to have whole API today except for annotation part.
- Not currently doing any XML reading or writing.