From Evolutionary Informatics Working Group
- Database technologies for integrating AToL information
- Sam Donnelly
- pPOD is not really a data resource, its a db tech project led by computer scientists.
pPOD core data model
- pPOD core data model presentation at NESCent by Val Tannen
- pPOD workflows 1 presentation at NESCent by Bertram Ludaescher
- pPOD workflows 2 presentation at NESCent by Susan Davidson
- pPOD data integration presentation at NESCent by Zack Ives
- More information on data integration via schema mappings (pPOD and [[TreeBASE]) is available on the Orchestra project page from the pPOD group
Gathered for the Related Artefacts page:
- specification : will provide core data model, schema mappings between databases
- scope : processing of data related to phylogenetic analysis workflows. Trees, matrices, phenotypic, phenotypic descriptions, specimen collection information, phylogenies and methods employed, post-tree analyses such as character evolution hypotheses. (Example, tree T123 was obtained from matrix M456 by Joe Bio on 01/31/2001 using PAUP with parameters…)
- uses : development of tools for the integration of AToL (Assembling Tree of Life) data and interoperability of AToL data within analysis pipelines
- extensible :
- open :
- controlling authority : joint project of University of Pennsylvania, UC Davis, and Yale University led by Val Tannen.
- update and versioning policy :
- conformance policy :
- status : in development
- intended for AtoL project developments. also TreeBASE, Mesquite, etc.