PhyloWS Bootcamp Notes
From Evolutionary Informatics Working Group
--My personal notes from the meeting vivek 11:55, 11 March 2009 (EDT)
- presented by Hilmar
- Overview of sections in the PhyloWS wiki site
- Overview of the PhyloWS specification site
- PhyoWS - providing data
- API to get the tree from the URI
- RESTful service
- Resources play the main role
- for getting a tree use HTTP GET
- for updating a tree use HTTP PUT
- Using HTTP actions to CRUD data from the URI
- basic : /phylws/<provider name>
- SRU standards handle the data source specific fields in the query
- There are other standards, PhyloWS specification does not deal it with now.
- output format?
- Must support NeXML
- Other formats can also be provided
- basic minimum services to be support for data providers?
- will be included in the specification (querying the tree and getting a tree)